Levaquin (levofloxacin) is an antibiotic for the treatment of many types of bacterial infections. It has been found that Levaquin has many side effects of Levaquin, which is available in a common form.
Levaquin or Levofloxacin side effects alert:-
Lequin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that fights bacteria and causes infections in the body. Also, it treats people with anthrax or some types of plague.
Fluoroquinolone antibiotics can cause severe or inefficient leucine side effects of Levaquin. Levofloxacin to be replaced for infections non-curable with a safe antibiotic.
Top story issues to be treated with Levaquin:-
- Epididymitis (sexually transmitted)
- Chlamydia infection
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Nongonococcal urethritis
- Anthrax prophylaxis
- Plague prophylaxis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cutaneous bacillus anthracis
- The plague
- Breathing Bacillus anthracis
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
- Adrenal tuberculosis
- Infection – Bacteria / Fungi / Protozoa / Viral
- Tuberculosis – active
- Urinary tract infection
- Tuberculosis esophagitis
- Skin and structure infections
- Tuberculosis – urinary tract
Levofloxacin side effects – Few of the many
Levaquin, with other antibiotics in the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics, tendinitis, and even rupture of tendons, is associated with Achilles tendons.
Fluoroquinolones have neuromuscular inhibitory activity and may reduce muscle weakness in individuals with myasthenia gravis.
- Liukin with caution in patients with focal sensory system diseases, for example, seizures, as unusual seizures have been reported in patients who accept living.
- It should be kept out of the reach of kids under the age of 18.
- Many antibiotics, including Levaquin, can usually convert bacteria into the colon and stimulate the overgrowth of a bacterium responsible for the inflammation of the colon.
- Patients who develop symptoms of pseudomembranous colitis (diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, and possibly tremor), after starting the medication, should contact their doctor immediately.
- Patients consuming it may develop skin sensitivity to direct sunlight and so should avoid exposure to sunlight or sunblock.
- Fluoroquinolone combines with sulfonylureas (Microbe, Diabetes, Glynase, Prestab) to lower blood levels.
It is anything but symptoms and may lead to a total rundown of others. Call your primary care physician for clinical guidance regarding symptoms.
Few other levofloxacin side effect categorized:-
The most frequently reported side effects are:
Less common side effects include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stomach pain
- Intestinal gas
Rare allergic reactions are described:
- Anaphylaxis (jerk)
Possible serious side effects of Levaquin include:
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Central nervous system effect
- Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD)
- Abnormal heartbeats
- Liver dysfunction
- Sun sensitivity
Levox dosage – explained here!
Levofloxacin is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections and belongs to a class of quinolone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria treating bacterial infections.
The following applies to the strength: 750 mg, 500 mg,
1. Usual adult dose for nosocomial pneumonia –
Levofloxacin 750 mg oral or IV every 24 hours for 7 to 14 days.
- Indications therapy recommended.
- Opt for Pseudomonal beta-lactam if Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a documented or potential pathogen.
- Consider deadline guidelines for additional information.
- Methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus is used for the treatment of nosocomial pneumonia brought on by Aerosinosa, Serratia marcescens, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, or Streptococcus pneumonia.